3 Free range eggs
175g Self raising flour
175 Caster sugar
200g Dark chocolate (melted in a bowl over a saucepan )
2 Heaped tbls cocoa powder
4 tbls Milk
100ml Double cream
2-3 heaped tbls Morello cherry jam
1. Preheat oven to 200/gas mark 4. Grease 2 8 inch sandwich cake tins.
2. Combine butter and sugar and beat until light and fluffy
3. Add in the eggs, one by one, and mix together
4. Fold in flour and coco powder along with 100g of the chocolate that has been melted in a bowl over boiling water. Add in the milk.
5. Divide the mixture equally between the 2 tins and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Allow to cool.
6. Whip the cream and the amaretto together until it is just thick enough that it does not fall of whisk easily.
7. Spread the jam on the bottom layer of the cake and then top with the cream. Add the top layer of sponge and drizzle the reaming melted chocolate then crumble the amaretti biscuits straightaway. Top with edible glitter, if you want a bit of post Christmas sparkle.