125g self-raising flour
125g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
1tsp vanilla essence
50g chopped walnuts
150-200g icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, until sooth then mash in the avocado until fully combined.
2. Add in the eggs and whisk together then add in the vanilla, milk cocoa powder and walnuts
3. Fold in the flour and baking powder to complete your mix
4. Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and place 6 greased stainless steel ' finishing ' rings ( I used rings that were 8cm ) onto the sheet. Fill each ring until 2/3 full and cook in an oven preheated to 180 degrees/gasmark 4 for 15 minutes.
5. Whilst the sponge is cooking, make the creamy filling by mashing the avocado with the vanilla essence then adding in the icing sugar bit by bit until you get a soft mixture that is thick enough to spread onto cake.
6. Once out of the oven allow the cakes to cook slightly then carefully remove rings. Slice the cakes in half through the middle of the cake, top the bottom half of the cake with the avocado cream then place the top half on top of the cream and dust the top with icing sugar.